.

Bubble Magnets II

Posted by Call Me Amaesing | Posted in , , , | Posted on 3:11 PM


If you knew anything about me, you'd know that once I start something, I complete go all-in and blow it kinda out of proportion. So I have invested too much money making more bubble magnets. The good thing is that at least I really enjoy doing it, especially on a hot sunny day when I decide that I should stop taking 3 hr tanning sessions outside.

While waiting for my sunburn to settle, I grab all my supplies. Oh. I should mention that the previous post regarding bubble magnets used a 1'' circle punch because the glass gems were smaller, and because all the stores around my house (all three: hobby lobby, Michaels, and Joann's) all sell the larger version of them, I had to purchase a 1 - 1/8'' circle punch online (and yes, the 1/8th DOES make a huge difference).

Patterned paper, circle punch, Mod Podge, brush, 3/4'' circle magnets [they come in packs of 50], glass gems, hot glue gun, ipod player, and a long afteroon.

All fired up and ready to roll

I couldn't find this specific circle punch ANYWHERE in the stores, so I had to purchase online.
Waiting 5 days for shipping was slowly eating me away.

But once it came in, I was ecstatic. Funny thing was that it shipped in a large cardboard box about 500x its size, which made me scared that I might have purchased something like a 1'1/8'' hole punch (which I don't think exists)

Anywho, find your favorite patterned paper with good designs and high contrast, and punch away. It's actually very fun, so see how many circles you can get from a 12'x12' piece of paper. I feel like a pro at this now.

Once you're done making lots of circles, grab a brush and a eensy tiny bit of mod podge and dab it on the front side of the circle, then place the glass gem over. Make sure to rub the bottom of the paper well to cover all the edges, this is important when drying.

Look at how fun!

Green and Pink

This pattern is one of my favorites. The design fits perfectly!

Light pink with subtle brown design!

Bold black and pink, a classic.

These are my 3/8'' circle magnets. All separated and ready for glue.

Flip the gem over to its back.

Small dollop of hot glue.

Then quickly add a magnet and press down for 10 seconds.

Then you're done!!
Now you are ready to hit the fridges, dry erase boards, metal frames, and your aunt's replaced hips (nevermind, I found out that hip replacements are made from titanium).


Look how nice these turned out. I think this pattern is my favorite.

Greens.

black and white

My second favorite.


3rd favorite.

May have gotten a little overboard...


But anywho, which pattern is YOUR favorite? I need some input so I know which kinds to make more of. Me and my brother are going to buy a space for our town's flea markets, where he will be selling his plants (horticulture major) and I will be selling various craft projects like these and possibly some cupcakes! It should be fun!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for the "Bubble Magnets II"

Post a Comment