.

It's like the Red Carpet

Posted by Call Me Amaesing | Posted in , | Posted on 7:11 PM

I can't stop thinking about cupcakes. So after I cleaned my room and washed my dishes I took my supplies and went to the kitchenette. In honor of Valentine's Day I decided to make a batch of red velvet cupcakes. However, red velvet cupcakes usually pair with a cream cheese frosting. And since I didn't feel like going out in the cold and spending money for frosting supplies, I decided to use my Wilton Chocolate Buttercream Ready-to-Pipe frosting that I had on hand.

I was happy to find these cupcake liners (again from Wilton). Makes my cupcakes fit the theme. I think they were leftover from my cupcake decorating program that I hosted for Food of Love a month ago.

I added several drops of red food coloring to the already red velvet batter to make the cake a more intense red.

Here are the cupcakes right out of the oven.


The frosting out of the container tends to be pretty stiff, so i had to work it with a wooden spoon and add a little milk to thin it out. I think if I had an electric mixer it would help so much, and would make piping a lot easier. Here's a swirl I made on a few of them with a #195 tip.


I didn't want to refill the bag after I ran out of frosting so I just decided to use my 11' flat spatula and frost the rest. Here's a few more. I think I came out with a total of 21 cupcakes, and since I had no one specific to give these to, Kesha gave me the idea to leave them at the front desk of my dorm with a note from "your 1South RA".. so that's exactly what I did.


Arranged on a platter


Here's a really crappy picture of the view from the lobby. We had just gotten back from dinner and there were some cupcakes already eaten! Mission accomplished.

Comments:

There are 0 comments for the "It's like the Red Carpet"

Post a Comment