.

10 Minute Bakesale

Posted by Call Me Amaesing | Posted in , , | Posted on 9:25 PM

Friday night turned out quite inspirational. I ran around all day doing errands with a friend and went shopping at Hobby Lobby for supplies to make another "kraft box". At the end of the night, all I wanted to do was bake cupcakes. This time was Banana cake with Vanilla frosting.


There is a secret that I learned on how to keep cupcakes moist- substitute water for whole milk, and then add about 1/2 cup of sour cream and mix with batter. It really does work.


I didn't have the ingredients (or patience) to make my own buttercream frosting, so I just used a can of Pillsbury vanilla frosting and added confectioners sugar for consistency when piping.
Then I separated the frosting into sections and colored them, put them into piping bags.


Green leaf tip, and #104 rose tip.. half the bag filled with purple frosting, other half I left white, so when you piped it correctly it would be bi-colored. Pretty neat.




Was happy with the rose, not so much with the leaves. I was experimenting with making ruffles, and then layering them. Didn't work so much.



With all these cupcakes made, I decided to sell them. I marketed them- 2 for $1- and they went pretty fast. Didn't really go for a profit, but I just wanted to make up for supply costs. Went pretty well! Now to use that for laundry....

Comments:

There are 1 comment for the "10 Minute Bakesale"

Post a Comment