.

Horses and Holistic Healing

Posted by Call Me Amaesing | Posted in , , | Posted on 1:17 PM

On Saturday I took a trip down to Springfield to go visit a friend's Clydesdale barn. It was pouring outside so you couldn't really take the horses out for a walk or anything. Plus I don't think I would ride them since I've only ridden quarter horses and Clydesdales are HUGE.



View from Tracy and Mike's barn.
View from Tracy and Mike's barn.

A mare with its young. The baby's coat is so incredibly soft.

Here's an Arab horse. He was my favorite.

Me and my friend took a trip to Meijer beforehand to purchase a bag of apples and carrots to feed the horses. I've learned that when feeding, you must lay your hand flat with the food on top or you might loose your fingers (small chance but hey, better to be safe). Some of these Clydesdales would rather you cut the apples in half first, and some would just take bites of the apple so you'd be literally holding the apple while the horse was picking at it. Cuteee.
Here's a horse that dropped my apple. The picture was taken right when it fell.




This particular horse had some knee problems, so when we were there, a "holistic healer" was there, and we were helping to keep this Clydes steady while she did some cool "touch points" and muscle inspection. In addition, she used scented oils and other various tools for this horse to heal properly. In my book, it seems pretty crazy but apparently there's a lot of people out there who live by this horse culture. She also had this lead ball on a chain (which i first thought was a pendant necklace) that she used over specific horse points. Depending on how this ball spins, it could apparently tell what is wrong with the horse. I found out this trick is used a lot to tell if a mare is pregnant and to tell the gender of the baby. I guess there's a lot of iron in the horse's body that collects in the horses' kidneys and using this technique is apparently pretty accurate. I'll try to do some more research with this later.




Comments:

There are 0 comments for the "Horses and Holistic Healing"

Post a Comment