.

Cupcake Delivery - 3.99 shipping

Posted by Call Me Amaesing | Posted in , , , | Posted on 11:26 PM

So I splurged on myself and purchased both Magnolia's Complete Cookbook and Martha Stewarts Cupcake book. I really need to find that kitchen-aid mixer my mom has in the basement somewhere stashed. These books arrived last week and every single recipe looks amazing (amaesing?). I now have magnolia's buttercream recipe and I can't wait to try it out, although it's not terribly different than the usual buttercream frosting.


My friend Kyle came to visit me and we ended up at Hobby Lobby (one of my most beloved places). I spent a good 45 minutes at the baking section explaining what everything on the shelf was/function. Then I picked up Wilton's cake decorating book and was sucked into all the visuals and demonstrations. Long story short, I had recieved a package this week and one of the things in it was.. the book! I was so pumped.


The basket weave. Yes. It looks challenging, but really isn't.



I also spent two weekends ago at Hobby Lobby (surprise) buying useless crap for my unhealthy obsessions. All the valentine's stuff was already heavily discounted, so Janie and I bought lots of stuff that day. Mine included this large heart box that I think I will either use for storing cupcakes or use as another crafty/embellishing/ribbon box.



(the Fun Dip wasn't from Hobby Lobby, but fit in the V-day category)

These glittery hearts are not edible, but can be used to top cakes with! Probably one made from fondant.
Still waiting to explore the fondant world.

Cupcake Toppers! Aren't they cute!


Want to learn how to pipe cupcakes and cakes without buying books? There's lots of videos online (Youtube) that you can search. That's where I started off.. here's just a couple..

PinkCakeBox (check out their website too)
Xanthe Milton (British)
WILTON (subscribe to their videos)
Learn Cake Decorating


.. there's so many videos, you just have to search around!

Comments:

There are 0 comments for the "Cupcake Delivery - 3.99 shipping"

Post a Comment