.

I think I found my future

Posted by Call Me Amaesing | Posted in | Posted on 10:41 PM

This winter break has been going pretty sweet. Aside from waking up past noon on several occasions, watching the entire season 1 of MadMen, binge drinking, visiting the city, learning how to use Adobe Flash, building a personal website, most importantly- I have been using my stove to its maximum, pumping out a variety of cookies, brownies, and cakes [thanks to my $6 purchase of BHG's special edition of "Best 100 cookies" magazine]. I've also been on youtube watching videos on how to pipe buttercream/royal frosting on cupcakes and cookies. Right now, I probably know more about Magnolia bakery and how they make their perfect swirl with buttercream frosting like no other. When I go to NYC in a month for AAF's Most Promising visiting Magnolia is definitely part of my to-do list.

http://www.stellou.com/blog/pix/cupcakes.jpg
Magnolia's famous swirl -- all in the clean 11' flat spatula, tilted angle, and quick wrist movement

Now I am officially obsessed with cupcake decorating, which closely bleeded into my cake decorating obsession. So obsessed that I went to the store and bought 3 piping tips, flower nail, coupler, and an 8-inch piping bag. One day later, I decided to buy a 56-piece master piping set that also includes 2 flower nails, and 2 couplers. Impulse purchases are so awesome.


http://allcakesupplies.com/store/images/Wilton%20Master%2056%20pc%20Tip%20Set.jpg
comes in a easy storing case!


So in addition to this new obsession, I am a follower to several blogs/websites/youtube channels who make cakes and cupcakes for a living, and even looked into taking cake decorating classes at my local Michael's/Joann Fabrics store. One of my favorite websites below:

www.pinkcakebox.com











http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/big-cake1151.jpg

http://www.pinkcakebox.com/images/big-cake1184.jpg

Something interesting about the founder of PinkCakeBox: Anne "Khoobiar" Heap was a Boston College graduate-- Major in ADVERTISING. She left her profession to do what she loved the most- baking. She then went to France and went to the Pastry Arts Institute and now has a very successful career in her deepest passion. Many bakers and cake decorators get their inspiration from her designs, and she's featured in many different magazines and websites. Maybe she's trying to get through to me.. hmm. Follow the same road? We'll see I guess.


...... off the topic of baking now..

I've been doing lots of other crafts right now, which includes a lot of paper crafting, canvas buying [canvas buying is key word, not 'painting' just yet], and hot glue gunning. I'll show you what I've been creating in the next blog, after my friends open their Christmas presents (tomorrow)... then I can share my gift to the rest of my readers.. :)

New Year Resolutions:

- don't be so bitter about past events - leads to a less stressful life
- make CRCE part of a daily routine
- become more viral- which means I should probably start blogging more again

Comments:

There are 0 comments for the "I think I found my future"

Post a Comment